Sunday, November 22, 2009

Break the monotony....

I would like to write about a simple but a revealing moment in my life...

About 12 years ago, I used to live and work in Bangalore, used to commute between Shivaji Nagar and a certain place beyond Brigade road, I used to live on one side and work on the other, so I used to see the same road and surroundings everyday, maybe if somebody asked I would say I knew every stone on that way. I never had any vehicle, by far maybe I would be sitting behind on my friends scooter.

One day, we were moving, I mean changing home from Shivaji Nagar to somewhere else, so we hired a small truck, which we loaded with our things and were also sitting in the front side of that truck...we traversed the same road, which I mentioned above.

What I was seeing out of the window was completely different from what I used to see for last each time I walked on that street! It was beyond recognition. The reason, I was sitting at a much higher position from the ground and I could view beyond the compound walls next to the road, which I could not see earlier when I used to walk or ride on a scooter.

This is a very pedestrian thought, but I felt more philosophical at that time and that is the reason I still remember. If we break the monotony and view things around us from a different point of view, maybe there are some interesting results.

1 comment:

Srinivas said...

Philsophical or not if we look at anything with a different angle we read a new meaning into it. I think philosophically that is what develops into new schools of thought and new ideas. ..You have mastered the roads you travelled and when you saw them in a new light it triggered off new thoughts..,,Metaphorically this is analogous to our very own ethos ....Our educational system is considered learning by rote and not questioning..and blindly accepting..I feel that is not the case ..Each and every student is trained to learn and learn and master the existing scriptures .. After one masters it and if he wants to break into the monotony of his learning he is free to reinterpret it without rejecting the existing knowledge but he brings into the world his understanding and both understanding coexist. (the road and the house have not changed but the view has changed and both exist) ..For the majority of people the existing knowledge is sufficient he revels in his monotony ...

Recent Comments